Saturday, November 29, 2008

Fun times...

Today was great. I woke up and headed to Di's house for a delicious pancake breakfast. We then headed to Shizen spa for massages and a dip in the jacuzzi.
After a quick stop at the grocery store I went home to do a few things before going to the hairdresser and out to dinner with Fariena.
Her hairdresser is almost right around the corner from my house. I needed a switch from my regular hairdresser so decided to tag along. It was also very reasonable priced. Afterwards we all went for dinner (Fariena's treat) at Politica. It was delicious. I had a dish called Politica by the Sea. It was pasta with mussels, shrimp, scallops and calamari. I decided not to get the 1/2 lobster for $5 more deal.

I even made it into the newspaper today. Employees at The Star had to write what gifts they would give to family and friends this year. Check it out.

VIDEO GAMES AND GADGETS
Raju Mudhar

FOR MY CAPED-CRUSADING NEPHEW CALLUM
Lego Batman for the Nintendo DS ($29.99). Having just turned 6 last weekend, I introduced him to the series with the stellar Lego Star Wars, and this new iteration featuring the Dark Knight and the Boy Wonder is the perfect next-level challenge. Also, as a stocking stuffer, I'd get him some extra styluses, because like most kids, he often loses them. FOR MY SINGING SISTER-IN-LAW CAMILLA
A music teacher with a heart of gold, any karaoke type of video game is worth her time. Microsoft's new Lips ($69.99) is the latest thing to hit the stores, and something that might coax her (and potentially any gamer's wife) a little bit closer to the Xbox 360. It comes with two wireless microphones and allows you to sing songs from your existing music collection.
FOR MY RAD NEPHEW RYAN
While many hardcore gamers were smirking at the low impact exercises in Wii Fit, the exercise game that came along with the Wii Balance Board, it's still hard to find one this holiday season, and might be harder now that there are some new games that take advantage of the stand- upon peripheral. Shaun White's Snowboarding ($59.99) is a great game and available for every system, but the Wii version gets you up, leaning and weaving for a fun approximation of the real experience.
FOR MY WII FIT-LOVING WIFE SAADIA
My wife, however, is a big Wii Fit fan, and loves rhythm-action games, especially if they offer a bit of a workout. For her, it's the Samba De Amigo & Maraca bundle ($49.99). This version of the updated Sega Dreamcast game comes with maracas (you can get it cheaper without) that attach to the Wii controllers. The point of the game is to shake them along with the directions given by the cute critters onscreen while insane techno mariachi tunes play. And since she was crazy enough to marry me, I'd throw in an Icon Wii wireless nunchuk adapter ($9.95), so she can really cut loose when she's playing Dance Dance Revolution.
FOR ME
I'd love to get another giant flat-screen television, although my interest has also been piqued by my buddy's HD projector system. These are ridiculous things to ask for, but while surfing around, I've found something equally ridiculous, at a much better price: Thinkgeek.com has an Electronic Drum Kit T-shirt, which has an embedded speaker and a picture of a drum kit that you can play. At $29.99 (U.S.) it's silly but quite awesome.

No comments: