Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Catching up

I apologize for not updating my blog this past week. I'm not too sure what happened it was just pretty busy. Let me try to remember what I did:

November 6th - After work I went for a Yoga class. It was wellness week at work and they didn't have enough people for the class so I volunteered to go. It was a good workout, but I still don't think yoga is for me. Afterwards I headed to Di's place where she made a great meal for Mel and myself. It was a great evening of girl talk. Thanks ladies!

November 7th - Raju and I went out for our anniversary dinner to our favourite restaurant - Kultura. The menu had changed a bit so we tried some new dishes. I can't remember them all but I do know that I ate way too much. At the end of the meal they brought us a complimentary dessert with "Happy Anniversary" written with chocolate on the plate. And all these people kept wishing us Happy Anniversary as we left the restaurant.

November 8th - Lynn (a friend of my sister-in-law) came over as we were all headed to a wedding. We did have a stop to make on the way first. Raju got his new wedding band. It was at Hwy 7 and Hwy 427. As I was heading to Ajax, I thought I would continue on Hwy 7. Not a great choice as we got stuck in traffic and tried to detour but got a little turned around in Pickering. Anyway, we made it to Camilla's just in time to get dressed and have her drop us off at Deercreek Golf Club for Steve and LeeAnne's wedding. It was great. Short and sweet. That left lots of time between the ceremony and dinner for cocktails.

November 9th - We had spent the night at Camilla's, so we woke up and headed to Raju's parents so he could fix their computer. Then we headed to my cousins' house for a baby shower. They had a baby boy in September and we went to meet him. Their house is huge and gorgeous. Some of my other cousins have also recently had babies so there were many around. I hope everyone left with the right ones :) We were supposed to go to the grocery store on the way home but I was too exhausted so we just came home and ordered in KFC for dinner. Yummy grease. Of course it tasted great but an hour later I was feeling pretty gross, so upstairs I went to burn some calories on Dance Dance Revolution.

November 10th - Back to work and back to school. We made Black Forest cake in class. It was not easy decorating the cake. It did turn out someone decent looking though. When I got home, Raju had some friends visiting, so I was able to share. They seemed to enjoy it. I don't like Black Forest cake so I probably won't make it again, but I will use the recipe for the Chocolate cake.

November 11th - Remembrance Day! I woke up feeling like a truck hit me, which means I'm getting sick. I took my morning dose of oil of oregano and tried to stay pretty low key at work. On my way home I picked up some orange juice and had a big glass when I got home. Raju's friend Ron came over. He's visiting from Washington. We just finished a round of RockBand. A game I haven't played in ages. But we couldn't start playing until I finished watching a couple of episodes of the Smurfs. It's on Teletoon Retro. I'm so happy.

Off I go for my night time dose of Oil of oregano. I don't have time to be sick so I'm trying to nip it in the bud.

No comments: