Yesterday Raju and I decided that we were going to host mother's day. We had our families, all of Fariena's in-laws (Camilla's in-laws couldn't make it) and my Uncle, Aunt and cousins. In total there were 26 of us. It was great that we were able to hold so many people in our house at once. The weather was also beautiful so people were able to go for a walk and we were able to take the kids to the park down the street.
We have entertained before but I can't remember having to feed 26 people. Fortunately I had help and everyone contributed a little. We did have one minor hiccup in that our propane ran out just as Raju started BBQing. I guess we are going to have to get a back-up tank to avoid that from happening in the future :)
I'm not sure we had as much food as Di, but our menu consisted of the following:
Appetizers:
Cheese Sandwiches
Cucumber and Dill sandwiches
Pakoras
Pholowrie (Fried split pea balls)
Sushi
Chips
Crackers and cheese
Main:
Salad with pears and candied pecans
Jerk Turkey
Mini burgers (with homemade rolls)
Tilapia
Shrimp with green peppers and pineapple
BBQ chicken (courtesy of my Mom)
Mushroom lasagna (courtesy of Camilla)
Mixed veggies (courtesy of Raju's Mom)
Grilled potatoes with carrots, onions and mushrooms
Dessert:
Mini tarts
Mini cupcakes
Empire cookies (courtesy of Russell's Mom - my favourite)
Chocolate chip cookies (made with the help of Kira)
It was a great day but even with paper plates there were so many dishes to do. My uncle said it would be no problem to install a dishwasher so I'm on a hunt.
I was so exhausted today that I have done almost nothing. I did manage to book our flight to Hawaii. Just 4 1/2 months to go! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment