Sunday, May 4, 2008

Food and Paint

This weekend was full of fun and games.
Saturday Raju and I went to our last dance class. We had been learning Latin dancing but thought we'd try our hand at swing for our last lesson. It was a lot of fun and much easier than Latin dancing. I'm not sure when we will every use our new moves but it was a fun few classes.
Saturday evening we entertained. Kim, Derek, Trish, Greg and their kids, Diana and Gerwyn came over for dinner. I was thinking we would have a simple dinner but that seems to be a problem for Raju and myself, so here's the menu: Shrimp Ring, Rolls, Salad (Pear and Pecan made by Kim - delicious), Jerk Turkey with Banana Sauce, Steam, Corn on the Cob, Shrimp with pineapple and green peppers, chicken nuggets and for dessert lemon and chocolate tarts with whipped cream (hand whipped by Di) and strawberries. I don't have pictures by maybe Diana will post some on her blog. I got to use my china, silverware and wine glasses. It was so grown up of us.
Before dinner, Mikaela (Trish's daughter) and myself worked up our appetite by having a dance session in the kitchen. I love little kids they are so easily entertained :)
After dinner, what else could we do but play some Rock Band. Always a crowd pleaser. I don't see Kim and Trish very often anymore so it was great to get together.

Today I woke up with a bee in my bonnet. I wanted to paint a wall in my kitchen so I did.
That's right...it's a chalkboard. I have to wait 3 days before I can write on it, but I'm so excited to use it. The other cool thing is it's magnetic. Which means I can post things up with magnets on the wall and I won't have to poke holes in the wall.
Raju went to watch Ironman while I was painting. When he got home we decided to visit Fariena and clan. Callum had a little accident and one of his teeth fell out. He's excited for the tooth fairy to visit. From what I hear, this tooth fairy is very generous. Kira was her usual chatterbox self. We did ballet and played games. Next week she's going to help me prepare some of the Mother's Day food.
Now I'm mentally preparing myself to go back to work. Although I worked from home after returning from Costa Rica it wasn't the same as going into the office. I guess it's back to reality.

No comments: