Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Long Weekends were made for BBQ's

I keep forgetting that we already had a long weekend this year and still feel as Victoria Day was our first one. At any rate, it was the first one with weather that we could BBQ in (kind of).
Friday night was very low key. Miss Dlee came over and brought me a housewarming present, pans from William Sonoma that I've been wanting for a while. We chatted, and she amused herself while I chatted with Maira on the phone (hearing all about her labour experience). Then we decided to walk up to the Danforth and get some Japanese food for dinner. It was quite yummy but I was very full and it hurt my tummy later in the evening.
Saturday I decided to stay in my PJ's all day long. It's not often we have a free day so I wanted to take advantage of it. Of course by the afternoon I was restless so I started to bake. I wanted to use my new baking pans, so I made brownies for Raju and then I make "petit fours" (little cakes) with my new flower pan.
Sunday we had people over for an afternoon BBQ. As usual lots of food. We also played a game of Trivial Pursuit. It started off fine, but into the second hour everyone just got tired of it. I think we need new rules next time. Maybe only play for an hour and whoever has the most pieces at that time wins.
Monday we went to Camilla's for a BBQ. We were celebrating my cousins new baby and welcoming back the honeymooning couple. Camilla put together a DVD of the wedding for all those who were not able to make it Costa Rica. She did a really good job. I may have to give her all my videos to edit :)
After a few hours at her house we went to Mom and Dad Mudhar for dinner. It was nice and quiet there. Most times our family get togethers are quite large with lots of kids running around. While I enjoy the kids, sometimes it's nice to have quiet time.

No comments: