Thursday, January 4, 2007

Happy New Year!

I can't believe we are already into 2007. This holiday season has been very weird. I haven't really felt like any 'special' day is the day it should be, except for maybe Christmas.
New Year's Eve we went to Raju's friends house for dinner and then to this bar (Cafe de Concorde), where his friends were DJ'ing. I didn't really feel like it was New Year's, but just another night at one of Raju's friends events.
New Year's Day we did the usual day with the Rayman cousins and Uncles and Aunts. This was exciting because there were so many celebrations. My cousin Christine is turning 35 later this month and we wanted to do something special as she is the cousin who is always planning family get togethers. We all pitched in and bought her a digital camera, which we presented to her. Then we had to celebrate because our youngest cousin (Samantha) got engaged on Christmas Eve. Her fiance is from Costa Rica...so in Feb/March 2008 the Rayman clan heads to Costa Rica for another wedding. I'm sooo excited. And the other celebration, was Camilla announcing that she and Darryl are expecting (we found out on Christmas Day). It was just a whirlwind of activity.
Jan. 2nd was back to work. Diana took me to Il Fornello's for lunch, which was tasty. It was the only birthday celebrating that I did. I'm just tired of celebrations right now, so I'm putting off my birthday festivities until later (or maybe I'll just forego them this year).
This week I have been in Guelph training. I had to rent a car and they gave me a PT Cruiser. It was not bad, but I think I like the Matrix better. I think I may need to get a car later this year so I'm very conscious of what I'm driving and if it's something I would want long term.
I also took down all the Christmas decorations. My house looks very bare.
Raju managed to get a Wii loaner. We got it yesterday. He went to bed and I was still playing, of course now he is hooked with tennis and is playing as I write this now. I can see how people might work up a sweat if they really get into it. We'll see how it goes, but I think we are going to have to purchase one when it finally becomes easier to find.
Off I go to kick his ass....

3 comments:

sally said...

Go Saads Go! I think I might want a Wii...

sally said...

And Congratulations Camilla & Darryl! How EXCITING!!

Princess Di said...

Saadia, if you're at home with Pink Eye don't you think you could at least POST about it???
Stop watching soaps (with your good eye anyway) and start blogging already!!!