After a bit of a breather, we had our first wedding of 2007. Matt John got married on Saturday. It was really nice. Sometimes though I felt like I was at a political function. Jim Flaherty attended, and apparently he is the second most important person in Canada. I guess he is second to the Prime Minister. And speaking of the Prime Minister, he sent a very nice letter of congratulations from himself and his wife to Matt and Christina.It was also nice to see some old friends (Karen Thorne and Miriam). Unfortunately Karen was not well so we only had a chance to speak briefly at the church and she did not come to the reception. We did manage to catch up a bit with Miriam at the reception. My eyes were still sore so we left around 11:15p.m.
Today we went to Fariena's for a joint birthday celebration. The plan was to order chinese food, but my Mom and I decided to cook. Yesterday morning Raju and I went to St. Lawrence market and bought some lamb and 'colossal' shrimp. My Mom made steak, macaroni and cheese and chicken. It was quite a feast.
Callum decided to entertain us with a puppet show. It was quite an
elaborate event. He had seating for all of us and then he put on his show. Kira seemed to really understand what was going on and tried to explain it to us. Us older folks (Fariena, Mom and myself) didn't quite get it. I guess you had to be under 5 to understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment