The thing about holidays is the constant visiting. Last night we went to Raju's Auntie and Uncle's house for dinner. Apparently when someone new enters the family this is something that is done. Of course I stressed about having to wear a suit and found something in my own closet that I thought was acceptable.
There were many people at the house (which was gorgeous). His cousins were also there along with their children, and of course Raju's Mom and Dad. The family was very welcoming and nice but I have to admit at times I really felt out of place. I received a new suit and it was mentioned that I should wear these brighter colours and suits when visiting. Fortunately, his Aunt said that I should wear what I feel comfortable in.
There was the typcial seperating of the men and women. The men sat in the front room and drank while the women sat in the family room and chatted. A lot of this chatting was in Punjabi so I didn't really understand what was going on. However, his family was very good at translating for me though.
All in all it was a nice evening just very overwhelming.
No comments:
Post a Comment