Monday, October 10, 2011

Long Weekend

Happy Gobble Gobble everyone!  I hope you had a great long weekend.  I know we have a lot to be thankful for.  Saturday we decided to host Thanksgiving with the family.  I don't think we've entertained all year so it was nice to be able to do this.  Our day started off with a trip to get the car seat installed in the car and then we went to IKEA to order some furniture (which was delivered later in the day) and finally to St Lawrence market to pick up a beef tenderloin for part of our meal.  Back at home the preparations began and around 4:00p.m. the family started to arrive.
We had quite the feast.  Let me see if I can remember it all (I forgot to take pictures).
  • Butter Chicken and rice and roti
  • Pakoras
  • Chicken wonton
  • Fried Plantain
  • Salmon
  • Beef tenderloin with mushroom stuffing
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Baked chicken
  • Salad
  • Bread
  • Vegetable chowmein
  • Corn on the cob
  • Apple pie
  • Cupcakes
You'll notice there is no turkey on the list, but I think we covered everything else off.  Everyone left around 9:30ish and it was straight to bed for me.  Fortunately everyone helped clean up and take leftovers with them so there wasn't much of a clean up for me to do.
Sunday was a beautiful day but I slept most of it away.  I was so tired and couldn't keep my eyes open.  Finally later in the afternoon I managed to get up and put the stroller together and then Raju and I decided to go for a walk and get ice-cream from Ed's.  Unfortunately by the time we got there it had closed.  As we were out and it was a gorgeous evening we went to Joy Bistro for salad and calamari.
Today we got up and headed to Jay and Jenn's for brunch.  It was really nice.  I hadn't seen them in a while.  The girls (Talia and Lucy) are cute as ever.  Back at home I rested my eyes (which is different than sleeping) and am just taking it easy mentally preparing for back to work tomorrow.

No comments: