Friday, October 28, 2011

Last Day of Work....for a year

Today was a pretty surreal day for me.  I still don't think it's hit me that I won't be working for a year.  It was pretty busy for most of the day so I didn't really start saying goodbye until after 3:00p.m.  Even then I found it strange.  I didn't really feel like I wouldn't be seeing these people for a while so it didn't feel like 'goodbye'
Both of my sisters contacted me in the morning to ask me if I was excited, but to be honest I felt more nervous and anxious.  Part of it is knowing that baby will be arriving soon and that's a huge change but the other big change is not working.  For so many years I have been at work.  Sure, I've taken vacation but always in the back of my mind I knew I had something to do when I returned.  And the longest vacation I've taken is 2 weeks when we went to Hawaii (ahhhh.....Hawaii).  Also, work is going through a lot of changes so not being around for it I think makes me a little nervous too.  I know that everyone will keep me updated, and I've asked to still be able to access my e-mail while I'm away so I can keep in touch so I don't really need to worry about that.  I think it's that little bit of a control freak in me that just needs to know.
I have plans for Monday and Tuesday next week so it may not hit me until later on.  I guess I'll just have to see how it goes, or maybe baby will come early and I'll be occupied with other things.  I don't think so though, I think she's going to be just on time or late.

No comments: