Sunday, April 18, 2010

Visiting and cooking

This seems to be what my weekend consisted of.
Friday night I headed to the Bier market after work to celebrate a colleagues birthday. I haven't been there in a very long time. It brought back memories of some fun times that were had there. Diana met me for a drink (hers was non-alcoholic) and then we popped next door to The Old Spaghetti factory to say hello to Kim. As she was having her dinner with some girlfriends we headed to Hot House for dinner. We shared salad, garlic bread with cheese, calamari and coconut shrimp. It was great to have a girl date. As we were finishing up, Kim had finished her dinner and met us for a quick visit. She had some great stories of the boys that never fail to amuse me.
Saturday morning I had an appointment in the morning and then headed to the Eaton Centre to meet up with Raju. He needed some new glasses so I met him at Lenscrafters as he tried on different pairs. I really liked the sales lady's glasses. They had flowers on the arms of the glasses. I also some nice Tiffany ones, but I don't need another pair of glasses just yet. We wandered around and Raju bought me a shirt from Mango. I also picked up some herb planters from Indigo. We're going to try and start an herb garden. I'll keep you updated on their progress. As we were out, we went to Johnny Rockets for lunch. Raju had never been there. The burgers are pretty delicious but very filling.
Back at home, I worked on taxes for a bit and then headed to Diana's for some Korean cooking. There she was, a good Korean wife, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Sally did a great job of pounding (tenderizing) the Kalbi ribs and I helped make the chicken dumplings. I felt like I was at Supperworks. I did a bit of work and got to bring home a bag of food with me. We had the Kalbi and dumplings for dinner along with crab cakes that I had made before. Deeleecious!!! While at Diana's it was nice to have a visit with Sally and Susie too. The bridal party ladies were back together again and to share in the good news of Susie's baby to be :)
Sunday (today) got her way too fast. While Raju was at work, I went to the grocery store and then came home and made a gingerbread cake. When he returned we decided to make a quick trip out East to visit his parents. While there, his Aunt and Uncle also came over, so it was two visits for the price of one. Back at home it was time to make dinner. I started with making some tortilla chips and then made beef roast stuffed with mushrooms. Raju BBQ'd a steak and chicken skewers. To even out the meal so it wasn't just meat we had a green salad as well.
All that food is enough to put anyone in a food coma. I did some work and am updating my blog so my food can digest before I head to to bed.
Thanks for all the fun and games this weekend! By the way, Sex and The City 2 - May 27th. I think I sense another brunch/movie event coming up in early June :)

No comments: