
There are definite perks to living with a journalist. Tonight we had the pleasure of dining with one of the Restaurant Critics. She took us to Ruby Watch Co. It is where The Citizen used to be and is owned and run by Lynn Crawford. You might recognize the name as she was on Restaurant Makeover and some other show. I never really liked her so was preparing myself to not like the restaurant either. But, I have to say it was enjoyable. There isn't a menu per se. It's a fixed menu with no choices. When making reservations they ask for any dietary restrictions and I suppose they set the menu that way. For dinner we had a 4 course meal
1st course - Salad
2nd course - Lamb, couscous, chickpea stew, and grilled zucchini
3rd course - cheese with honey (who knew?) and vanilla rhubarb jam (I didn't taste this as I don't like rhubarb)
4th course - dessert (carrot cake - I was so full at this point I was only able to have a few bites).
We had leftovers so were able to bring some home. This leads me to another question. Restaurants are quick to help you pack up the main course but they never ask if you want to take dessert as well, even if you've hardly touched it. Why is that?
The restaurant was pretty busy. I was surprised as it is only Tuesday night. I guess we just wait and see how it does.
1 comment:
You are so right! They never offer to pack up dessert. Next time I will specifically ASK for my dessert "to go"...
Post a Comment