Dinner was a feast of, turkey soup, turkey, lamb, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and marshmallows, broccoli, stuffing and crescent rolls. For dessert, butter tarts, empire cookies and trifle. All very delicious. We sat on her back deck and had dinner. After dinner though the winds really picked up and the lawn furniture started to tip over. It was quite a change in the weather.
We got home around 10:00p.m. and I was exhausted so I crawled right into bed and fell asleep.
This morning it was a slow start. I woke up but stayed in bed for a while watching TV (The Little Princess with Shirley Temple) before I dragged myself out of bed. Last night we had to park our car on another street so I went to bring it onto our street. After a bit more puttering around we had breakfast. Pancakes and scrambled eggs for me and Raju had a bacon and egg sandwich. This gave us energy to do some house work. I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed while Raju tackled the backyard. We set ourselves a time limit to work until 1:00p.m. then we would have lunch and go for a walk, which is exactly what we did. It was a short walk to Ed's (ice-cream store). When we got home, we took a short nap and then had a nice visit from Jay, Talia and Jen. They had borrowed our ice-cream maker and were returning it. I hadn't seen them in a while so it was nice to catch up.
I feel like we hadn't cooked in a long time so we made a nice meal. Raju made lamb on BBQ and I roasted carrots, parsnips and red onions, made four cheese rice and toasted some pitas to eat with red-pepper
It was a very nice long weekend and I'm not much looking forward to work tomorrow, but hopefully I'll be refreshed in the morning.
oh...and for those who were hoping to see pictures of the ice-cream cake I made last week, go back to my post titled Early Birthday Celebrations. I've put some pictures up there too.
No comments:
Post a Comment