Saturday I met up with Diana, Cybele, Sally and Mel and Peony nail salon for a pedicure. After we all had our toes looking pretty we went to Milestones at Yonge Dundas square for a snack. We indulged in Raspberry mohitos and various appetizers (calamari, kobe beef sliders, spinach artichoke dip, pita with goat cheese, yummy yam fries aka sweet potato fries). We sat outside on the patio, even though sometimes it looked like it was going to rain, we were fortunate and had nice weather.
Afterwards, Sally and Di came back home with me to hang out. After some TV watching we went out for a walk. Our original intent was to get some cupcakes from Kubo, however, I took the gals on a detour up to the Danforth first as I wanted to visit the party store. On the way, we got caught in the rain so stopped to buy our 649 tickets. Then we wandered into some other dress stores, so by the time we got to the party store it was closed. Then we walked all the way down Logan to Queen and finally ended up at Kubo. There were not many cupcakes left, so we split two between us. They were good but I'm not sure worth $3.25. I'll have to go back another time and try the Red Velvet that is Mel's favourite.
We came back home and I put the girls to work tenderizing and cooking Kalbi. They finished BBQing just in time for Camilla to come and join us for dinner. After some conversation (or listening to Camilla talk) we called it a night. Sally and Di headed out and Camilla and I headed to bed. Thanks for the fun times girls. I had a great day!
Sunday was family day. Camilla and I rose early and headed to Price Chopper for a few items for our BBQ. Then my parents came and picked us up and we headed to the movies to watch Mama Mia! I knew it wasn't going to be good, but I also didn't think it would be as bad as it was. It was so bad that it was amusing. My parents enjoyed it though, and that's what was important.After the movie we headed back home and started the BBQ. Darryl, Ryan, Fariena, Russ, Callum and Kira joined us for burgers, chicken, salad, fries and potatoes. After digesting our food we all headed over to Riverdale park so the kids could enjoy the pool. It was busy, but not crazy busy so we didn't have to wait in line.
After about 1/2 hour we headed back home. Fariena made strawberry shortcake for us all to enjoy for dinner. They headed out and Camilla, Ryan and Mom stayed for a while longer. When they left I was pretty tired so it was some minor cleaning and then off to bed for me. I thought I would be nervous as it was my first time alone in the house. I must have been too tired because I fell asleep right away and slept in until 8:30a.m.
Soon after I woke up I received a funny call. It was a guy looking for a girl named Lisa. They had met at a party and exchanged numbers. Unfortunately for him, he got the wrong number. I guess she wasn't that into him.
Today I've just been doing stuff around the house and took a nice long nap this afternoon. Now I'm just waiting for Raju to come back. I know it's corny but I did miss him. I think that's kind of good though and hope that I don't ever lose that feeling, even when we're old and grey :)
No comments:
Post a Comment