Friday, August 15, 2008

What's a Girl to do when she's feeling blue?

Spend money of course!
I have been so good lately as I need to save money to pay for a new roof and to pay for Hawaii but today my cold came back to hit me full force and I needed to feel better. I started off the day with a quick trip to Jacob where I bought a dress for Ev's wedding. I had seen it a while ago, I knew it was on sale and finally caved and bought it. I figure it's also a good purchase to take to Hawaii as well. I then had a hairdresser appointment booked with Quinn, so I went had a little trim. By the time I returned to work I really wasn't feeling well. My nose was so sore from blowing it and I couldn't concentrate on anything so I came home early. I managed to make it just before the hail storm. It was crazy! Who would have thought we would have hail in August?
After trying unsuccessfully to sleep I decided to take a walk to Kubo to pick up some cupcakes as I didn't feel we had a great selection the last time. I got a couple of Velvet Undergrounds, a strawberry shortcake, and a chocolate vanilla. I have just tried the Velvet Underground that Mel raves about. It was yummy but I'm still trying to decide if I really liked it or not. I am quite curious as to how they make it red. Over the weekend I'll try the others and give you my verdict. I'm still not sold on $3.25 for a cupcake. Although, if people are willing to pay that much, maybe after baking class we can open our own cupcake store!

No comments: