Yesterday afternoon I met up with Raju at the grocery store. It's one of the rare times we meet up and get to come home together. I'm always trying to convince him to leave work when I do and travel home together.
We finished our shopping and decided to take a cab since I didn't want to deal with the crowded streetcar. As soon as we walked in the door, we were met with this horrible smell. A cross between garbage and an outhouse. After some sniffing around we discovered it was coming from the kitchen more specifically behind the fridge. As it turns out the previous owner had put a mouse trap back there that we never noticed. We figured a mouse must have wandered into it and died. So Raju got rid of it. However, I felt like it was still very stinky and figured maybe the smell needed to dissipate over time and that this morning it would be better. No such luck. As I came downstairs and into the kitchen I was again met with the horrible smell. Again, it was from behind the fridge. Well, after a bit more investigation we discovered a mouse had crawled into the bottom of the fridge (the part with the fan and wires) and died there. It was quite an operation but Raju managed to get it out. I still feel like some of the smell is around but it is definitely not as bad as it was before.
The lesson here is, don't buy poison traps because the mice just eat the poison and run off somewhere else to die. You don't know their dead or there until the smell hits you!!!
2 comments:
what, no photos??
:P
heheheh
ewwwwwwwww.... very descriptive Saads, "outhouse and garbage"... ewww!
Post a Comment