Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rainboots, a wedding, a baby shower and a cold

I think I like summarizing my events in my title. It's like an executive summary of what's to come in my blog.
Last week as the rain started I thought I want to get a pair of rain boots. I had seen a pair at The Shoe Company a few weeks ago but they didn't have my size. I decided to check back in and fortunately m size was there. So here's my boots to get me through April showers.

Friday night and Saturday were filled with wedding events. Raju's cousin got married. I even had a small role to play, which I was well compensated for. As you can see it was such a difficult task.






In the evening I donned my Indian outfit for the reception and fit in with all of Raju's cousins.







Sunday was my cousin, Christine's baby shower. Her sister had a Winnie the Pooh theme. We played some fun games and had a great time.
When I got home I had just enough time for a quick sit-down and then it was off to get acquainted with our neighbour, Sally. She is delightful older lady. She lives by herself with her cat and seems very happy that we are her neighbours. Apparently the tenants who used to live here were not always very quiet. Her house is a little smaller than ours. It doesn't have the loft or the addition off the kitchen, but it seems just perfect for her.
Unfortunately with all the activities this weekend I could feel myself getting sick and I didn't have any time to rest. As a result I've been home for the past couple of days getting over my cold and renewing my energy. At least I got sick before Costa Rica. I've got 2 weeks to get in tip top shape.

No comments: