Today I finally had a chance to relax for a bit. I feel like the past little while has been crazy. This weekend was baby events again. Yesterday I had two baby showers. In the afternoon, there was a shower for Judy (Caroline's sister). I had volunteered to make the give aways, so on Friday night Caroline came over and helped me ice 60 cookies.
I had planned to go early in the day to help but I was still feeling under the weather and battling a headache. Anyway, I made my way there early enough to still help with some things. I left there in time to come home for a quick little sit down before we headed up to Jay and Jenn's for their baby party. Fortunately they live around the corner from us so we had a nice walk to their house. When we got there, there were many little kiddies running around. I had never met Jay and Jenn's nieces and nephews so it was nice to see them. After the kids left, the "adults" stayed for a later evening. We left around 11:15p.m. Just 5 weeks until Jenn's due date. It's quite exciting.
Anyway, I was so tired and still trying to get over this cold, so today I took my time getting going. It must have been around 2:00p.m. that I managed to get myself out of my pajamas and gather some energy. Once I managed to get up and going, I vaccumed, went to China town with Raju for some shopping (everything is super cheap), made dinner (well, marinated the beef which Raju BBQ'd), cleaned my bedroom and ironed.
So, although I got a late start I still had a productive day. The one thing I didn't get to was cleaning the bathroom but I can do that this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment