Monday, December 11, 2006

X-mas festivities and Monday

You know, I think the hardest thing about this blog is remembering to update it.
My weekend was full of events.
Saturday we met Fariena's in-laws (ma, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, niece) for brunch at Jeremiah Bullfrog on Queen street. I had French toast, that was soooo yummy. Fariena's in-laws live in Hamilton and were in town to watch the Nutcracker. They had extra tickets but Raju and I declined since we wanted to rest up before our night of partying.
After brunch we came home and I watched the end of Superman returns (which I started watching on Friday). I thought it was ok. The actor (I don't remember his name) was very Christoper Reeve. I kind of felt that nothing really happened in the movie though. There were some good action parts and it was filmed well but not much of a storyline.
Then I had an hour before I had to get ready for my party so I decided to finish baking my cookies that I had already made the dough for. It's not Christmas until the gingerbread is made.
My work party was at the Royal York. We got there just before dinner was served. We were in the same ballroom that our formal was in. Raju and I both agreed that it seemed much smaller than we remembered it to be.
Dinner was ok. I didn't like the stuffing in my chicken because it had too many onions. Raju met some of my workmates. He got along well with Charlie (see picture) as they both really enjoy comics.
At 10:30 we left to go to another party. Raju's friend was having a get together at his house by Bathurst and Dupont. Their house was quite nice and wouldn't you know their neighbour's house is up for sale for a nice low price of $480,000. I don't think I want to live in that area though, as it's not that close to a subway and I feel it's far from everything.

Sunday I pretty much spent the day with my parents. Raju and I took them out for brunch at Hot House. This was Raju's first time there. He loved it. It seems like our life revolves around food. After a very filling brunch, Raju left us and I took my parents to see "Christmas Spectacular" at the Hummingbird centre. It's funny how many times the Rockettes can kick their legs up. My parents really liked it, especially the last scene which is very powerful. I won't say much as I'm not sure who else may be seeing it.
After that we went to The Bay to pick up some more wedding presents and sort out some mistakes they had made with my glasses. I had ordered 12 of one size and 12 of another. The gift receipts showed the different skew numbers but The Bay had given me 19 of the exact same glass. It's all sorted out now
All I have to say is, when you are getting married and you are thinking of where to register. The Bay downtown may have a ton of stuff but their registry department is very disorganized. Camilla registered at the one at Scarborough Town Centre and they were really good. Just a suggestion....as maybe there will be some weddings coming up????

Today back to work and back to the same old stuff. Does anyone remember Mr. K? He was a music teacher at Woburn. I ran into him in the underground at work. He taught for 5 years and then started his own Finance company. It was bought over by HSBC so now he works for them. He looks pretty much the way he did in high-school, just a few gray hairs at his temples.
I made it back to the gym after 2 months. I only stayed for 25 minutes but I have to work up gradually. Then I played the good wife and came home and made dinner. It was ready and waiting for when my husband got home from work. Then I went one step further and after cleaning everything up changed into a very special Santa Suit. No pictures for you to see of that but just use your imagination :)


1 comment:

sally said...

I luv that you have a blog!! It's nice to know what others are up to!! :)