Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Holiday Happenings continued

So, someone (aka Di) told me that I wasn't writing often enough. But it has been pretty busy for the holiday season, so let me catch you up.

The week before Christmas was busy with various events.

On the 18th I got together with some people from my classes at George Brown. I met up with them at the Madison. One lady has just opened up a Mosaic studio at Bathurst and St. Clair. I may take some classes there next year. If I do, guess what 2007 Christmas gifts will be?

On the 20th, Caroline and I got together for some drinks at Fionn McCools on Adelaide. There was a group who were doing their 12 bars of Christmas rounds and made us hug some guy. This guy wouldn't even look at us. I think he was a bit of a loser.

On the 21st, Raju and I met at Kensington Market afterwork to see their festival of lights parade. It was kind of neat. Lots of lanterns and funny puppet like things. Then, we had a lovely dinner at Diana's. I guess it was Mahi's farewell dinner before he goes off to India to find a wife. I loved the stuffed mushrooms (so much, that I made them for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner). The Chicken Cacciatore was also delicious. Miss Lee has really become quite the chef. The best thing though was the berry tart. Yummy!!!! Not helping my waist line at all though.


On the 22nd, we had dinner at the in-laws. My parents also joined us. It was funny, because at one point I said "Mom" and both mothers looked at me. I picked up many outstanding 'gifts'. 2 more gold jewellry sets, 3 sarees, 3 packages of materials to make suits, an evening bag and 2 shawls. It's the wedding that keeps on giving :) We left after dinner, but apparently my parents stayed until 11:45p.m. I guess I am very fortunate that they get along.

On the 23rd, we all met up for brunch at Fran's. Sally and Raju were the amusing ones this morning as they were both still drunk. I think they like to say they were hungover but we all know better. That night Raju and I went to the restaurant called Culturas. It was amazing, but pricey. The menu is tapas and everything we had was very tasty. We tried about 10 dishes. After stuffing ourselves silly, we walked over to Nathan Phillips square to see the lights.

Christmas Eve was our normal, go to Fariena's for dinner with her in-laws and to spend the night. We had a Christmas sing along as well. Darryl and Raju were not really enjoying it and were getting the teacher stare from Camilla. Raju also, got a few pokes from me and some comments that Santa might only bring him coal. This year we got to sleep in the same rooms with our significant others, now that we are all married. Fariena's house is normally cold, but not for me....I had lovely flannel pajamas to keep me warm (thanks Di).


Christmas Day we woke just before the kids so we could see them come down and see all the presents under the tree. They were allowed to open one Santa present before breakfast.
I loved Kira's kitchen centre. I was playing with it a lot. It has "real life kitchen sounds".
Breakfast was a feast as usual. Garlic chicken, chicken wonton, pepperpot. Who knew, dinner could taste so good at 9:00a.m.?
After Breakfast we all proceeded to open our presents. We all were very lucky. I got a circle diamond necklace from Raju. It was supposed to be in a jewellry chest that my sister's bought for me, but it hasn't come in as yet.
After we played a bit more, Raju and I borrowed my parents car and came home to drop off our loot. Then we showered and changed and were off to Ajax for Christmas dinner at the Rayman-Bricknell household. Camilla's in-laws were invited as well as my Uncle and family and Raju's family. We had a big sit down dinner with Roast Beef, Chicken and Turkey. Again, much food!!!

Today I decided that I wanted to spend the whole day in my PJ's. And that's just what I have done. I woke up at 8:00, puttered around, took a nap, watched soaps, did some work, puttered around some more and now I'm updating my blog. I can't believe it's back to work tomorrow :(

Hope Santa was good to everyone else!

No comments: