Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Reading

I'm definitely not able to do the 50 book challenge this year but I am trying to fit some reading in where I can.  I do miss it.  I recently read this book - Before I Wake.  When I started it, I thought "Am I going to be able to ready this?" as it is about a little girl who gets in a car accident and goes into a coma in which she may never wake up.  Having a daughter now, made it feel so much closer to home.  However as the book went on, the story had some twists and turns that removed it from reality (for me anyway) and it was just a book to read.  I was hoping for something a bit deeper and more of a story around the parents but it turned into something totally different and by the end not too realistic anymore.  It was ok, and I've read worse books but it did not live up to my expectations.

Raju has started me on another book now called The Magician.  When I finish it in a few months I'll give you my update.  It is Harry Potteresque, just a more adult version.









As you know Raju reviews various things as a result we have 3 iPads in our house.  That means I get to have one of my own.  I subscribe to Real Simple Magazine and that means I have access to the app for the iPad versions of it.  I love it, as I get the magazine and can keep it without the bulkiness of the magazine.  I still receive the print version which I always pass on to my Mom anyway.  But in the past I would photocopy the recipes and articles that I wanted and have to find a place to store it.  With the app I can just go back an re-read it.  Also the magazines are available on-line a couple weeks before I actually receive the print copy so I get a head start on reading it.

No comments: