Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day!

This year I enjoyed my very first Mother's Day!  I actually kept forgetting that I was a mother too as we were making plans to meet up with our mothers.  I did not get breakfast in bed or get to sleep in but Samara gave me a nice big gift certificate to St. Anne's and a photo frame.  I wonder how she knew that's exactly what I wanted?  She also woke up with a cold, but still had smiles for me.
We went for a walk and I was hoping to pick up a chocolate brioche from Brick St. Bakery but they were all sold out (at 10:00a.m.!!!!).  Back at home we got ready, picked up Greek food and headed to Raju's parents for lunch.  After a nice visit with them we dropped in on my parents for a quick visit.  Camilla was there with the boys.  They were busy as usual and I think Samara found it a bit overwhelming as she was not in the best of moods there.
It was nice to visit with the parents and hear about their trip (they had all been on a cruise together), but I found it to be a busy day.  Maybe next year I will get breakfast in bed.  Samara should be old enough to cook by then :)

No comments: