Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Food

One of the things I remember when I was little about Easter was the baking my Mom would do.  She would make crescent rolls and hot cross buns.  While I don't have her crescent roll recipe I do have her hot cross bun one and decided that I was making them for Easter weekend.  I think I've perfected it so they taste just like hers.



Another memory I have of my Mom is her baking before going on a trip.  She would make these peanut butter cookies.  They aren't your traditional ones.  These are pastry cookies filled with a peanut butter filling.  As we were headed to Jamaica (I'll write about that in another post) I decided to do some baking as well.  I made some to take with us and kept a bunch here in the freezer for when we returned.  They made for a nice tasty treat throughout the week.

We continue to order food in a lot too.  I think sometimes even more than before because I'm just not organized enough to cook or go to the grocery store to have food to cook.  There is a new Taco joint in our neighbourhood (Toucan Taco Bar).  Raju had been wanting to try it out, so one night he went to pick up some dinner from there.  I tried the shrimp taco which I didn't find too bad.  The reviews have not been great though.  Apparently the service can be bad and it is a bit pricey for tacos.  It's still nice to have another choice for food close by.



No comments: