Last night, or actually early this morning (around 12:30/1:00a.m.) we had a bit of a situation. Raju was on the couch downstairs and I was upstairs watching TV and just about to fall asleep when I started to smell something burning. It wasn't strong at first, but I hopped out of bed to investigate. It was only in the bedroom so I didn't bother Raju at this point. But then it started to get stronger and I still couldn't figure it out, so I went downstairs and asked Raju to come investigate. He also couldn't decide. So we unplugged everything in case it was the wiring and felt the walls in case it was our neighbours. We even checked the basement to see if there was something going on with the furnace. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. The smell was still pretty strong so we took our pillows and blankets and decided to sleep on the couch for the night. A few minutes later I thought, "I can smell this in the living room now". I wasn't sure if it was just from the pillows and blankets, but Raju also said he could start to smell it. Back to the basement he went and it was filled with smoke. We opened a window down there, opened a window in the bedroom, but still could not find the source. So Raju decided to go next door to our crazy neighbour. As he approached the door she automatically opened it. She said that she had burnt toast but everything was ok now.
Our house still reeked of the smoke. I waited up for a long time until most of it cleared out. Raju opted to stay on the couch while I went back to the bedroom as that was the least smelliest place. Unfortunately I did not sleep very well and have woken with a migraine. I'm not happy in the least, because I want very much to enjoy this sunny day. At least the smoke smell has cleared though.
Not quite sure what to do about the crazy neighbour.
No comments:
Post a Comment