Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Affair...

Today was a big Royal day.  I don't know how many of you woke up early to see the "Wedding of the Century", but I know my parents were up at 2:45a.m.  Personally I did wake up at 3:00a.m. for a bathroom visit but chose to go back to sleep until my regular waking time at 6:00a.m.  This was perfect timing.  I turned the TV on just as the bride was getting out of the car and walking down the aisle.  I watched while I got dressed and managed to catch the whole ceremony.
At work we had a breakfast and hat contest.  I was impressed to see so many people get into it.  I borrowed one of Camilla's.  I did not win but still had fun.
Royal Breakfast at work

Julia and myself in our hats

Later in the afternoon I arranged an afternoon tea party at the round table near my desk.  I made cucumber sandwiches and others brought in tea biscuits and Cadbury chocolate fingers (my favourite).  It was a nice break from an other wise strange day.
Afternoon Tea
Today we also found out that our President and CEO will be moving up to become the President and CEO of our parent company, Northbridge.  It seems their CEO (who used to be Markel's CEO until just before I started) is retiring so he can spend time with his children before they go off to University.  In the interim some of the other executives will take on extra duties.  I sense this is the beginning of some other changes.  Not that change is a bad thing, but big changes take some time to get used to.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: