Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Reflections

Wow!  I've been very bad about blogging this month.  I don't really know what to tell you.  I wish it was because of some crazy interesting things going on but can't really say that was the case.  I think it may have been just sheer laziness.
As I think back on the month, I try to remember what happened.  I started off the month with a lovely dinner with Caroline in Yorkville.  I then blogged about brunch with Mahi at Lola's Commissary and the failure of my Organic delivery company.  We also started the month at work with a big announcement.  I'm sure you have all heard me mention this project I have been heavily involved with for the past 3-4 years in which we have been trying to implement a new insurance system.  We have had many ups and downs and they finally decided to effectively put it on pause.  The reasoning is sound, as they need to figure out this one major problem before we can move forward with anything else.  Business wise this can save a lot of money, rather than have consultants (who cost a lot) spinning their wheels we have let them go until the project can move forward again.  I was also very happy to receive this news as I have been getting a bit tired of only working on this one project.  The problem is, it was an immediate stop to work and not really any direction of what to do next.  My boss has given me a couple of research projects but nothing major.  So many days I sit at my desk not quite sure what to do with my time.  Many people might like this, but it really makes the day go by slowly.  Hopefully things will pick up soon.
March 12th - Raju and I had the opportunity to babysit Callum and Kira.  It's not often we get asked so how could we (and by we, I mean me) say no.  We headed over around 5:00p.m.  Kira headed out to a birthday party, as did Fariena and Russ.  Callum originally didn't look quite pleased until he noticed that his Uncle Raju had also come.  Apparently his Uncle is cooler than I am.  He can at least help him with any electronic (including his video games).  It was an easy night of babysitting.  We ordered KFC for dinner, let the kids play a few games on their iPod touch and then watched a movie.  9:00p.m. was bed time and I didn't even have much of a fuss to get them into bed.  By 9:30p.m. they were both sound asleep.
March 17th - Instead of the usual St. Patrick tomfoolery I have been known to partake in, I headed to the Rogers Centre (always Skydome to me) after work to meet Mom, Fariena, Camilla and all the kids to take in some of Spring Fling and Toy Story 3 - Disney on Ice.  The kids enjoyed some rides, we all enjoyed pizza for dinner and then watched Disney on Ice.  It was a fun evening!
March 19th - Camillas birthday was actually on the 30th but due to scheduling conflicts we decided to celebrate her birthday a little early.  Raju and I started the day by going to his parents.  It had been a while since we had been there so we were due and his Dad also needed help with his computer.  After lunch and some visiting time we headed over to Camilla's for some birthday celebrations.  We got there just in time to eat again.  For dessert I had made chocolate cupcakes and Darryl had also picked up an ice-cream cake.
The rest of the month passed by uneventfully and here we are ready to jump into April and hopefully some spring weather!

No comments: