Saturday, March 27, 2010

Food Processor Scores Again

This morning I slept in a bit (7:30a.m.) and lazily puttered around the house until I met Mel, Di and Sally for brunch at Joy. Although it was sunny outside, it was still a bit chilly. It's a good thing I have not put away my winter clothes (big coat and longjohns) yet. It had been a while since we had girl time so it was nice to hang out. You can read Sally's blog for one of our conversation topics. Afterwards, I came home and Raju and I headed out for some grocery shopping. We decided to go to the Loblaws at Jarvis and Queen's Quay. As we were in the neighbourhood, we walked up to Winners on Front, St. Lawrence Market (Raju wanted a fish sandwich) and then back to the grocery store. We even popped into Joe to see if there was anything interesting. Back at home I continued the process of making an ice-cream cake for Camilla's birthday party tomorrow.
While at brunch we had been talking about my fruit and veggie delivery. I was saying that we had sweet potatoes and that I was going to make sweet potato chips. Normally I use the mandolin to slice them, but Di suggested the food processor. It took no time at all to slice up 4 sweet potatoes. I'm just loving it!
Now we've had dinner and it's just about time for Earth Hour. I don't think we can turn everything off so I'll just turn most of the lights off and stick with having the TV on.

No comments: