Camilla used to sing in a choir for many years. When she had Jack she took a break from it, and also because her conductor had retired. Recently a new conductor is taking over for now and Camilla has decided to get back into it (for now). Her practice is in the beaches on Saturday mornings. Yesterday was her first practice. As Darryl works, Raju and I agreed to watch the boys. We were warned that they were both sick so they might be a bit cranky. Quite the opposite in fact. They were very well behaved. Jack spent most of the time with his Uncle Raju (who was a bit hungover) and Ryan wanted to go upstairs and then downstairs. He also wanted to make chocolate "pupcakes" so we could practice singing Happy Birthday to his Mama when she returned. As with most 2 years old, their attention span isn't very long, so the process of making the cupcakes didn't hold him. He did want to add some yogurt, which I stopped, but it may not have been a bad addition. Elmo, as always, entertained both of the boys.
Before we new it, Camilla was back to pick them up. We hope to babysit them again in the coming months. When the weather is nicer, we can go to the park down the street.
Today was not too busy. Raju went to work this morning so I stayed home to do some cooking. For lunch we had chicken quesadillas and salad. A nice change from the heavy and not so healthy meals I have been eating of late. For dinner we are having "Trinidadian Chicken" that I haven't made in a while. And let me just say, a food processor is a wonderful thing. I had to make the marinade last night, which consists of parsley, green onions, garlic etc. I used to do it in the blender and had to do it in two batches as it wouldn't mix properly. In the food processor, dumped in all in. Let it whir for a few minutes and voila...marinade.
No comments:
Post a Comment