Sunday, February 21, 2010

A day in and a day out

As it normally happens when I go away and come back I catch a cold. This time was not any different. I managed to make it through the week at work though, but yesterday my energy was sapped. I ended up spending pretty much the whole day in bed. I brought my computer in with me though and did some work so I didn't feel like I was not doing anything at all. At about 5:45p.m. I got out and decided I should do something. My parents and Fariena were arriving back from their cruise so Raju and I went to their house and had Swiss Chalet ordered in for dinner when they got back. It was nice to be there and hear about their cruise. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun as well.
Today since I spent the day in bed I spent most of it out of bed. It started with acupuncture first thing this morning, then I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. Once I got home and finished unpacking the groceries I was out again. I hopped on the streetcar and headed to Yonge/Dundas. I had to return a sari to a lady I used to work with who has recently opened up a Marble Slab Creamery Ice-cream store with her daughter. As I was there I thought I should by an ice-cream cone. I was asked if I wanted to start a slab card, but declined since I don't think I can afford $6.40 cones all the time. I met up with Raju who was working. While he wrapped up I wandered around the mall and picked up a few sweaters at Jacob as they were having a great sale. You BCBG girls, I'm not sure if you are aware but there's a warehouse store on the bottom floor of the Eaton Centre. I saw a jacket I thought was cool, but when I put it on, it didn't look so good. I didn't have the patience to go through the racks but I'm sure there were some good deals. I also ran in to Carol (Di's cousin) at Williams Sonoma. I didn't buy anything there, but it's fun just to wander around and think about lots of things to make. Just as I was finishing wandering the mall, Raju finished work and we went to Baton Rouge for lunch. I headed home after lunch and just finished doing some work. Now it's on to do some cooking for the week.

No comments: