Sunday, June 6, 2010

Where does the time go?

I realize that I have not posted all week and I have to say you may need to get used to that for the next little while. As I've mentioned on previous posts work is extremely busy. So really all I've been doing is working. I did manage to get in yoga last week but beyond that not too much exercising has been going on. It kind of makes it hard to get rid of the extra 7 lbs that have somehow managed to accumulate on me.
Friday night I had to walk home (with my computer) as there seemed to be an issue with the streetcars. I was thinking of going out with Raju but he said none of the other wives were going (which in he end was not true). However I ended up falling asleep on the couch, so I'm not sure I would have made it out anyway.
Saturday we went for brunch at Toast. I went there with Di last week and she had the French Toast. It was very yummy so that's what I ordered. Afterwards we made our way out to Mississauga for a quick visit at Fariena's and then onto Dixie Outlet Mall for some shopping. We had also been hoping to hit IKEA but tuckered ourselves out buying stuff at Dixie Outlet Mall that we just headed back home.
At home, we did some cleaning and cooking and then as Raju was playing his games for the week I did some work.
Today we woke and headed to the grocery store to pick up fixings for lunch as Raju's family was coming over. It was a very fishy day. My mother in-law made fish curry, Raju made Salmon and Halibut and we even had crab curry from last night. Raju also had his Mom teach him how to make her chicken curry. Our fridge is so full, I think we have enough to eat for the rest of the week.
After everyone left, Raju headed out to a friend's birthday and I started my laundry and did some more work. When Raju came back we had dinner and then decided to make Popsicles in our Zoku (you read about it on Di's blog a few weeks ago). It took a bit longer than the 9 minutes it said it would take, but they turned out ok. Mango juice is not my first choice to use but it was a good start to test it out. We'll have to get more creative next time.
Off to finish my laundry. Hope you all had a nice weekend!

No comments: