Sometimes there is just one of those days that crazy things happen.
Our day started off with Raju having to deal with a dead Raccoon in our backyard. I held the garbage bag while he scooped it up. Thankfully it was green bin day and we could dispose of it right away.
My walk to work was uneventful. As I got closer to my building the police sightings began to be a bit more frequent. The morning at work was fine and then lunchtime hit. I went down to get something to eat with Anjali. On the way back we chatted with some police officers who didn't seem to want to work either.
After lunch in a meeting we saw some huge helicopters flying around and landing and then the earthquake. I thought I was going crazy as no one else seemed to feel anything and then I looked at my colleague who had a weird look on her face and the woman who was on the phone from Orangeville said she felt it too.
That pretty much wrapped up the afternoon as that was all anyone could talk about. At least it was a break from all the G20 talk, but not for long. We got an e-mail to bring our computers home and call the hotline in the morning just in case the office closes. I have to say that I hope it doesn't because I have a lot of work to do that would best be done in the office.
All this weirdness deserves a drink and dinner out.
No comments:
Post a Comment