I sometimes forget that Christmas has passed. I have to admit, this year did not really find me in the Christmas spirit. I didn't get to put up my Christmas decorations and with all the house stuff I didn't have to time get into all the festivities. I even found there were not that many holiday events to attend. However, I still managed to have fun.
Christmas Eve was spent at Fariena's house as usual (who knows what will happen next year). My parents, Camilla, Darryl and Ryan and Russ' parents were there for dinner. The kids got to open some presents from their Nana and Papa (Russ's parents) as they went back home that night.
I watched my favourite Christmas movie - Elf. That movie is very close to Nothing to Lose for me. As soon as it starts I begin laughing because I know what's happening next.
We got to bed at a reasonable time and woke up around 7:00a.m. For those who didn't wake up at that time Callum woke everyone up at 7:30a.m. when he say the bikes that Santa brought. Imagine a 5 yr old boy screaming "Kira, Kira....come here, Santa brought up bikes!!!!"
Breakfast was a feast as usual and then we got to opening presents. It was a whirlwind of activity and to be honest I don't really know what anyone got. I got a lovely necklace from my husband and my parents contributed to our Costa Rica trip.
Boxing Day I decided not to venture out. I can't stand the crowds. We watched Bourne Ultimatum. After that, Raju spent most of the day playing video games so I got bored. At about 5:30p.m. I got dressed and decided to go for a walk. Raju decided to come with me. We ventured into Future Shop and Best Buy to check out some big screen TV's. Along the way we bumped into Raju's friend Spencer and went for a holiday drink.
I worked for the rest of the week. It was only myself and one other guy on our side of the floor. I did manage to do some work and some more home stuff (mortgage, insurance etc.)
Our minds have been on the big screen TV so yesterday we bit the bullet and went to Future Shop to purchase it. However, being in Future Shop is like kids being in a candy shop. We got a 46" Flat Screen TV with a home theatre system, a new printer (4 in one, scan, copy, print and fax), speakers for the computer and the cables to hook up the HD stuff all by 11:00a.m.
Last night we met Raju's friends Sandy and Raquel at Duff's for some wings and drinks. I tried the Hot Honey Garlic, while Raju had the Hot wings. He was sweating after his first couple of bites. Mine were pretty good and so were the fries. I'd definitely go back there sometime.
Today we are off to Camilla's for a gathering with Fariena's brother-in-law and family. They weren't able to come to Fariena's on Christmas Eve so we are seeing them today. It's never ending. Next week....back to the gym.
No comments:
Post a Comment