Monday, December 24, 2007

Buffalo Bills

So, this past weekend we headed off to Niagara Falls and Buffalo for Raju's much awaited anniversary present. Gerywn rented the car and he and Di came to pick us up around 1:00p.m. on Saturday and we were on our way. Traffic was fine and we got to our hotel with no problems. After we checked in we headed over to the outlet mall for some last minute Christmas shopping. I think I showed considerable restraint and only bought a top for our evening out.
After we finished shopping we headed back to the hotel for some R&R. After an hour Di and I headed out for a walk to see the Festival of Lights. They were mostly Disney which I absolutely loved! It was very wet and windy, so my straight hair turned curly again. Once we got back to the hotel we woke the boys up and got ready for dinner, the casino and Dragonfly (the club). We ate at Wolfgang Puck. The casino ate $20 of my money but it provided me with a whole 5 minutes of entertainment. The club was interesting. I felt a little old but did manage to find people older than me.
The next day we got up and headed over the border for some football. It was an interesting experience to say the least. There was so much traffic getting into the stadium. At one point we just sat in one spot for about 10 minutes. Our seats were pretty good and we were able to see a lot of the action. The first quarter was fine but by the second quarter it started to rain. And it got worse as the time went on. I realized that my winter coat is not waterproof for torrential downpours. At the beginning of the 4th, Di and I decided we were going to wait inside because I was soaked to the bone. Fortunately the guys decided they didn't want to stay much longer and we left. From what I gather, it was perfect timing. We just missed all the traffic and managed to make it across the border and home in 2 hours. I was so happy to be home and out of my wet clothes.
Once I got home and into dry clothing I decided to head out to the grocery store to pick stuff up that I was making for Christmas dinner. I was gone for 1/2 an hour and when I returned Jarvis was closed from Carlton to Maitland Place. There were cops everywhere. I parked up the street and then had to get permission from one of the policeman to cross the yellow line to walk home. Apparently a lady had been hit by a car. It was about 3 hours later I was able to go out and move my car into parking.
The adventures never end!

No comments: