I can't believe that I finally had a weekend that I was able to relax and do whatever I wanted. Raju and I managed to have a somewhat free weekend where we had no commitments. It has been a long time since I was able to wake up in the morning and not feel like I had to rush and be somewhere.
My weekend started on Friday when I went to get my hair cut. I ended up going to a new place in the Manulife Centre called Haute-Coiffure. I had a certificate that I boughtt a few weeks ago from a lady on the street (you know, the ones where you pay so much for 4 visits and you get different treatments). Everyone was very nice but a little older. I had the best head massage ever. However, the lady who did my hair cut it a little shorter than I was expecting and wanted to put purple highlights in my hair. I do like my hair cut but I think I'll stick with Quinn. Her prices are much more reasonable as well.
Later that evening Ron and Kseniya (Raju's friends) dropped by and then they went over to Spirits to meet up with some other friends. I stayed home as I anxiously awaited my Thank-you cards from the photographer. It's one of the last wrap up things I need to do in regards to the weedding. They finally arrived at midnight. I started writing some of them. 25 down just 275 more to go :)
The next day was a lazy Saturday. I spent some time on the roof deck getting some sun and then headed to the grocery store for some staples. Fariena, Camilla and Nicole came over for a BBQ and then Raju and I left them as we went to the Just for Laughs show at Massey Hall. Raju had to write an article so we got to see it for free. It was very amusing. Russell Peters was the last comic and some of his jokes were the same as at the ACC but he mixed it up a bit so it still seemed new. After that we wandered to Yonge/Dundas square and then to Harbourfront.
Yesterday was yet another lazy day. I played video games, did a little bit of cleaning and then we headed over to Kensington Market and dinner on Baldwin street.
I think this was one of the best weekends I've had this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment