Another Thanksgiving Weekend! It seems like we are annually hosting it at our house and I kind of like it. I want it to be our tradition. We decided to host it on Saturday as my sisters normally get together with their in-laws on Sunday. It also gives us Sunday and Monday to recover.
Normally we lay the food out on the table and everyone grabs it and sits wherever. This year I wanted to try and have a sit down meal. I made name cards and "I'm Thankful' cards. No one really appreciated these so not sure I'll do it again next year. It was nice that everyone had a place to sit though. I ended up at the small kids table in the kitchen.
Our menu consisted of:
Salad
Dinner rolls (home made)
Stuffed beef tenderloin
Roast chicken
Stuffing (2 kinds from Williams Sonoma which were just ok)
Butter chicken
Rice
Roti
Roasted root vegetables
After dinner the kids played for a bit and then the brother in laws took them to the park. They decided to go for ice cream and Suzi and Fariena joined them for the walk. I stayed back with the parents and Camilla and had dessert with them (Gingerbread cake, pumpkin spice loaf bread, cookies)
Once everyone returned it was the rush for the bath and bed. But it was nice to have everyone together and even though we didn't write it down I am thankful for having them all around.
Sunday morning I headed for a morning meet up with Maira. She was in town for the week. Normally I will pop by her house but it's usually busy with the kids so we decided for it just to be us. We only spent an hour together but managed to get all caught up. Since I was already out I decided to pop into HomeSense. I picked up this cute stool for Samara.
Raju went out for the afternoon to watch football and Samara and I just hung out together.
Monday we headed to the mall in the morning. I love going as soon as it opens and there not being any crowds. We both picked up stuff from Banana Republic as they had a 40% off sale. We then walked over to Nathan Phillips square to look at an art sculpture and ended our morning with lunch at Joey's.
It was a lovely long weekend. We really need to have more of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment