Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Reflection

It's the end of another year and time to reflect. So much has happened and not what I would have imagined a year ago.
  • I started the year with a challenge of trying to read 50 books.  I have to admit, I didn't quite get there, but I did get close (but that's another blog post).  
  • I had my first ever surgery and it wasn't as bad an experience as I thought it would be. 
  • We dealt with the unexpected illness of Raju's Mom which thankfully only lasted a few months and she is 100% recovered.  But a wake up call that our parents are not immortal.
  • I went on a few trips this year.  Montreal, Orlando (both for business) and Aruba (for pleasure).
  • We survived the saga of the tree in our backyard that finally fell (literally) and allowed Raju to buy 2 new BBQ's to replace the one broken one.
  • I got to spend time with my great gal pals on several different occasions.  I still would like to see you all more and need to make more of an effort to do that in 2012.
  • Work had some big changes and will be quite different when I return next year.
  • Of course the biggest and most notable thing this year was the addition of Samara to our family.  I suppose Persistence does equal Success.  At this time last year I did not even imagine we would have her.  I hoped, but did not picture it.  In fact I was planning that we would go on a trip to Spain around the time she was born.  I got to experience pregnancy (which I have to admit I don't really miss) and labour, which I definitely don't miss either.
I am blessed to have such great friends and family that have supported us through our journey.  It was worth it all.
Tonight we are staying in and celebrating just the three of us.  It will be interesting to see who is still awake at midnight.  I personally am looking forward to Electric Circus.  I may have to put it on and pretend to be there and dance right along with everyone.
Happy New Year Everyone.  I wish you all the best for 2012!

No comments: