Saturday, November 5, 2011

A week in review

This week was my first week off.  Technically I was on vacation but the reality is I won't be back at work for a year.  What was I going to do with myself?  Well I managed to do something as the week seemed to go by quite quickly.

Monday - Doctor's appointment, ran errands, and Insurance appointment
Tuesday - Hung out with my Mom.  She came over in the morning and we made Pineapple Squares for an event she has this weekend, then we made zucchini bread and pecan-date-coconut clusters.  I've put the zucchini bread in the freezer and have been slowly making myself through the pecan-date-coconut clusters.  We then went to the William Ashley Sale.  It was a family and friends event put on by my workplace.  We got there shortly after 4:00p.m. and it was fantastic.  There was hardly anyone there and they were serving snacks (crackers and cheese and sandwiches).  I picked up a few things that I needed/wanted but did not really put any sort of dent in my Christmas Shopping.  Afterwards we went to Camilla's where we ordered in Chinese food for dinner.  Jack was not my friend tonight. He kept saying "Auntie Saadia, I don't like you...again".  Until I was leaving and then he said "Sorry!"  That child has a mind of his own :)
Pineapple Squares
Zucchini Bread
Pecan-date-coconut clusters
 Wednesday  - Decided to stay close to home.  Made dinner (Chicken Naanwiches) so took a short outing to China town for some ingredients.  I did some stuff around the house but really spent most of it just relaxing.
Thursday - I had to do some errands in the neighbourhood so decided to take a walk along Queen St.  Unfortunately I think I overdid it, as the walk home was a bit painful.  Every step I took I could feel pressure on my pelvis. Needless to say, I was exhausted so ended up sleeping all afternoon.  Thankfully we had leftovers so I didn't need to make anything new for dinner.
Friday - Our 5th Anniversary.  Raju was home today so I had company.  I started with an acupuncture appointment though and again did not find it pleasant.  Back at home, I had a small bite to eat for lunch and then we finished watching Kung Fu Panda 2 that we had started the night before.  We just relaxed for a bit and then headed out to Kultura for our anniversary dinner.  Raju was a bit skeptical as the owner has changed but I was willing to give it a try.  The food was still delicious and our old favourite, mushroom orichette, did not disappoint.  For dessert we decided to go to Marche where I had the Napolean. I was very full when we got home so that pretty much put me to sleep.  Unfortunately Raju was quite snory so I ended up sleeping in the spare room.  It was a good way to test out the day bed.  It was more comfortable than the couch but not as comfortable as my bed.

And that's my week in review!

No comments: