Sunday, March 6, 2011
A new brunch spot
Today I had two pleasant experiences. Raju and I met Mahi for brunch at a restaurant called Lola's Commissary. It's on Church just south of Bloor. They had some very interesting dishes...one of them being cheesecake stuffed french toast. I wasn't brave enough to try it, but I did try the 'Shroom Benny. Eggs Benedict, minus the ham but with caramelized onions and mushrooms. I of course scraped the onions off but they left behind a nice sweet flavour. It was also really nice to get caught up with Mahi. It had been ages since I last saw him. Afterwards he invited us back to his place (2nd pleasant surprise). He has conveniently avoided having me see it for the past several years. It is really quite nice and not as small as he makes it out to be. We hung out there for a bit and chatted some more and then Raju headed off to hang out with Spencer and I came back home to do some laundry and house chores.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment