Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My old friend returns...

When I was young I LOVED Strawberry Shortcake.  I remember having the small figurines that smelled like the characters.  While many kids had Cabbage Patch kids (I finally got 2) I would carry around my Strawberry Shortcake rag doll.  I even have a Strawberry Shortcake record.  Over the past couple of weeks I've spent a few days working from home.  While I'm working I need background noise so I put the TV on, but usually on a channel that I won't really want to pay too match attention to.  Well, I discovered at 12:30p.m. the new Strawberry Shortcake cartoon is on.  As you can see from the attached picture she has changed over the years.  I wasn't quite sure I would like her, but I still do.  I think when I finish my doll house Strawberry Shortcake and her friends just might be the ones to live in it.

4 comments:

sally said...

I looooved Strawberry Shortcake too!! And all her friends!!

Saads said...

I knew you would Sally. We are really just one and the same.

Kimber said...

I have helped Andrew decide to that this is a "favourite show of his" so that I can watch it... it doesn't seem like that long ago... What a great memory!!! and the smell!! YUM!!...when I was at toys r us last week... I was smelling them and they smell the same!!! Blueberry is the best!!!

Princess Di said...

Who doesn't love Strawberry Shortcake?! I had the Lemon Twins and their dog Marshmallow.