I know I haven't blogged in while and to be honest I just haven't had too much to say. Halloween was nice. We carved our first pumpkin!
The following week was our 4 year anniversary. We celebrated with dinner at Kultura, which as usual was delicious.
Other than that not much else has been going on.
Today however at work I got to hear one of our leaders speak and it was great! Markel is owned by Northbridge who in turn is owned by Fairfax. Prem Watsa is the President and CEO of Fairfax. This year marks their 25th anniversary, so we were treated to lunch at the Royal York. It started with a receiving line where we were personally greeted and got to shake hands with Prem and Mark Ram (previous CEO of Markel, now President and CEO of Northbridge).
Lunch was chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies (beets, carrots, broccoli, turnip). After we ate Prem spoke. He talked about his start and on his way to his first interview he got pulled over for the cops. There had been a bank robbery nearby and they thought he was involved. He spent a lot of time praising the people who work for the companies and thanking us for making Fairfax what it was. He just seemed so sincere and down to earth. At the end of the presentation we got a book on the first 25 years of Fairfax. Normally those things don't interest me at all, but after listening to Prem I am very interested to read about it.
Until today I didn't realize that we were part of a bigger Global company, and I think I have to say that I'm proud to be part of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment