Thursday, January 24, 2008

A New Beginning

So the big day came last weekend and we are finally moved into the house. I feel like the last few months have just been a whirlwind of activitiy, looking, buying, selling, moving.
Friday we sat at home in the condo and waited, and waited and waited for the call to come that we could pick up our keys. Finally at 2:00p.m. when we decided to head out the lawyer's office called. Getting to the office was fine but the drive back downtown was horrible. There was bumper to bumper traffic everywhere. Anyway we made it back and to the new house by 4:15p.m. That night our parents came down to help clean and set-up the kitchen.
Saturday morning we woke very early and took another load (small kitchen appliances) to the house. The movers showed up at 8:45a.m. to pack up our remaining belongings. Professional movers are definitely the way to go and worth every penny we spent on them. It was definitely stress free.
There were 4 young lads (Joe The Mover) who had all our belongings moved in 3 1/2 hours. Our big couch that we were hoping would make it to the loft was a no go so we've just re-worked the house. There is so much room, I'm going to have fun deciding where to put everything.
Sunday we had the family over. It was great to have everyone over and not be squished in one area. I can't wait to entertain some more :)
The past few days the boxes have slowly been unpacked (still more to go) and we've been running errands. We had a dinner party on Tuesday night but we don't have our dining room table yet, so we pulled the kitchen table into the dining room and all sat around that.
I am so relieved that I don't have buyer's remorse. I'm still acclimatizing myself to my surroundings but this morning I was happy to discover that my walk to work was only 45 minutes. I was not looking forward to taking the streetcar and now I don't have to if I don't want to. I'll probably take it tomorrow just to see what the timing is like.
Pictures to come. I haven't had a chance to take any yet, but soon. And now that things are calming down I should be able to update my blog more regularly.

1 comment:

sally said...

yay! can't wait to see your new home!! and I'm glad you'll be blogging more...I was gonna send the blogger police for ya' soon! :P