Friday, October 5, 2007

New hot spot in town

Last night I took advantage of Raju's job perks and accompanied him to the newest club in town, Circa. It has taken over Lucid (previously Playdium) on John street. With such a huge space you wonder what could they possibly do that would attract 2800 people (that's the capacity - which it reached by 11:00p.m.). I have to admit it was very interesting, from the decor of the 8 different bars to the clientele. One of the bars is called the washroom bar. The bar is one giant toilet bowl and the walls are tile and seating ceramic. I loved the fact that there is so much seating in each of the bar areas. I find clubs lately, only have seating for people who are having bottle service.
However, for opening night, I felt they were a bit disorganized. Not one staff member seemed to know where the bathrooms were and when we finally found then, they were not marked (this was corrected later in the evening). The other question many people had was regarding the smoking area. Another one the staff could not answer. As it turned out, there wasn't one and if people left to smoke they were not allowed back in. The club opened at 9:00p.m. but the bars did not start serving alcohol until later as they were still setting up the bars when the doors opened.
I'm willing to give it a try again in a month or so after they get their act together. It looks like a fun place to me, but probably pricey. Anyone care to join me?

No comments: