Monday, May 7, 2007

Weekend Events

Friday night was lots of fun. I started by going to Franklin Templeton's new downtown office, just across the street from my office. I went quickly to get Adina before heading out for her birthday. Of course, I was there a little longer than expected as I was catching up with everyone. I had to run away before I ran into anyone else I knew.
Adina and I took a leisurly walk home, where I had to drop off my computer and then we hopped on the subway and headed up to Grazie's (at Yonge and Eglington) for dinner. It's a good thing we got there when we did, as it got really busy later. I had pasta stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, ricotta and brie and served in a cream tomato sauce. It was ok, but I wouldn't say it was fantastic. So then I had to have some dessert just to finish off the meal.
After dinner I headed down to Jack Astors to meet Caroline, Rob, Scott and Caroline's brother. We spent a tense hour watching the end of the basketball game. There's always next year Raptors!!!!

Then we thought we would venture to UP! for some dancing. I have never in my life seen an empty bar. There was absolutely no one there, so we left and went next door to Montana's. There were a few more people but even still that was not packed either. I lasted until about 1:00a.m. and then decided to head home. When I arrived at home, I found Raju still awake and playing video games. He's addicted to Super Paper Mario.
The next day I spent much of the day moving slowly and reading magazines then I decided to really get going. My parents and Uncle and Aunt came over for a BBQ. We had so much food. Raju made lamb, shrimp, mini-burgers, corn, zuchinni and red peppers. I made dinner rolls and my Mom made potato salad and coleslaw. For dessert my Aunt brought apple pie and ice-cream.
Unfortunately we did not quite make it to dessert, because by the time we finished dinner and got ready we had to rush to get to Camilla's concert on time. It was a night of culture as we watched the Bell A'rte singers perform at Havergal. Afterwards we all headed to the Granite Brewery for a late night snack (since we hadn't eaten enough earlier).




Sunday I spent the entire day in my PJ's, doing work. I did spend some downtime playing the Pinata game and creating a new garden. I'm not exactly sure the point of the game but I get to whack things with a shovel and then create a pretty garden with grass and flowers and animals come to visit and sometimes even stay.

No comments: