I decided that I really like in Vegas, maybe even more that New York.
Last week Thursday afternoon, Raju and I headed to the airport to meet with Fariena and Russ, Gary (Russ' brother) and his wife Michele. Fortunately I called them after we checked in because they were standing in the wrong line :)
We got to Vegas and headed to our lovely hotel The Luxor. I've always wondered what it was like in the pyramid. Russ had a nice surprise when as we were checking in her "ran" into his friends Alan and Pam from BC (pre-arranged by Fariena). By the time we got unpacked and settled into our rooms we decided to get a bite to eat in the hotel. Everyone else was exhausted but I wanted to take a walk, so Raju and I walked up the strip to see the lights.
The next morning, the boys were up and playing poker at 9:00a.m. Russ and Raju were out early but Gary and Alan managed to tough it out longer. Our day really got going around 11:30. We headed to Caesar's palace and had a delicious lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. I got the biggest drink I have ever seen (Strawberry Creamsicle).
Afterwards, everyone wandered off while Fariena and I stayed at Ceasar's palace to get started on our shopping. It was worth it!!!
That night we had dinner at a restaurant called Sensei in Bellagio and then headed to a late show of 'O'. It was amazing. Those Cirque people really know how to put on a good show.
Saturday Fariena and I decided to go shopping at the outlet mall. Surprisingly our husbands decided to join us. I managed to buy many, many, many things. But they were all things I needed so I didn't mind. We even bought a present for Camilla so it wasn't totally selfish buying.
Saturday night we headed to Fremont street (Downtown Vegas). I thought the strip had a lot of lights, this street had so much more, just in a smaller space. We at a great Italian restaurant in the Golden Nugget.Our last day we decided to go and visit The Wynn. This hotel was new since I had last been to Vegas. It screams money. Very pretty but I don't think I could stay there as it is just too much out of my league.
No comments:
Post a Comment