Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Out of gas

Raju and I are mobile for the next few weeks as his parents are in India and we are borrowing his Mom's car. So last night, we headed out to Pickering after work to check on his parent's house and then visit my parents. Well, the car ride was fine. We took Kingston road all the way, as the highways are always crazy in rush hour. Everything was fine until we got to Port Union Rd. We had just turned onto it and were in the middle lane when the car came to a stand still, right in the middle of the road. Not owning a car, we had no idea what was going on. After a couple of phone calls, we figured it out that it was out of gas. After 25 minutes of waiting my Dad and Uncle came to the rescue with some gas to get us to the nearest gas station. Raju's parents forgot to tell us that the gas guage does not work, so when it looks like there is gas in the tank, there really isn't.
I know you aren't supposed to sit in the car while waiting, but yesterday it was so cold that we stayed in the car. At first it was ok, but then I kept looking in the rearview mirror and some cars were approaching very quickly before they realized our hazard lights were on. It was a little stressful.
Anyway, obviously we lived through it and I'm able to write about it today.

This afternoon a new adventure begins as we start deliberations on the trial I am sitting on. This could even include an overnight stay if we don't reach a verdict by the end of the day.
I hope we reach one sooner rather than later, as are unallowed contact with the outside world until we do.

No comments: