Friday we had an impromptu BBQ. Sally, Di, Abbas x 2 and Suzi joined us for mini-burgers, chicken skewers, london broil, pasta salad and Strawberry Ameretto Pastries. The evening ended with a wonderful viewing of Blind Date, where we met Tamela who was not the classiest girl in the bunch. She thought that burping and farting were the ways to get a guy, not to mention her end of the evening pee in the bush. Who wouldn't want to bring a girl like that home to meet Mom?
Saturday Raju had to write an article about a Luminato event. We went to the Spiegeltent n' Tavern down at Harbourfront. I didn't really know what to expect and was pleasantly suprised. The show was fantastic. It was funny and entertaining. Many Burlesque acts so I wouldn't send my parents there but I would recommend it if you have the chance.Sunday was time for a Baby shower at Fariena's house for one of her friends. It turned out to be a very nice afternoon. The rain held off until after we left, so we got to spend most of it out in the backyard.
Two of my favourite lines from my niece and nephew:
"Callum, I hear you want to change your name? What do you want it to be?" - "Peter Parker"
"Kira, how come you changed into shorts?" - "My skirt got wet." - "How did it get wet?" - " I peed a little" (maybe she met Tamela from Blind date)
No comments:
Post a Comment