I think this was our final trip for 2012. We took full advantage of my time off and Samara flying free. The purpose of this trip was to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. They live in England but were visiting my Uncle who lives in Florida. My Dad and his two brothers who live in Toronto thought they would go to Florida as well and surprise them. It was all planned by their daughter. I decided Samara and I should tag along as well.
October 9
This was departure day. I was up very early (3:00am), after going to bed at 1:15am. Samara up at 4:45 and basically was up for the whole day.
The airport limo
picked us up at 4:00. We were at the airport, checked in and through security
by 5:15a.m.. While in line for security I saw my parents but they didn't see me, so we surprised Dad at gate. He seemed surprised so all these weeks of hiding things from him seemed to have worked. The flight left on time at 7:20. Samara
slept for a bit at the beginning but then was up for most of the flight. She was busy making friends with everyone as usual.
We arrived in Atlanta and made our way through
their huge airport. As we had a bit of time we walked and saw shops, ate lunch, looked at planes then
boarded for the second leg of trip. Samara slept the whole way for this one.
We arrived in Florida
around 1:30. Got luggage and car (Jetta) and headed to our hotel. At
check-in, Dad requested a crib. It was in room and set-up by the time we got
upstairs. Great service!!
We waited for Uncle Sheriff/Auntie Hazel to arrive and once they got in and settled we headed to Auntie Greta/Uncle Farouk for surprise. It was nice to see the family.
Keiran, Marva, Nina, Andre and Rosemarie also came by. Samara started
to get cranky so we came back to hotel around 9:00 and went straight to bed.
Oct. 10
Woke up at 7:30 ish. Got ready
and had breakfast at hotel. It was simple but nice. They had a waffle maker
so of course I made one. We Face timed with Raju then headed to a mall. Along the wasy we found a place
that had a carousel, train and play area. Samara had fun. At the mall we made
it through lunch but then Samara needed her nap. We left Mom at Macy's
and Dad came back to hotel with us and we all took a nap. Dad went back
for Mom but we slept until almost 5:00. We had some more Face time with Raju and
Camilla and Mom returned with lots of purchases.
Headed back to
Auntie Greta for dinner and second surprise - Bill and Ali (my cousin) arriving.
Thought Samara would last longer but she got tired again at her bedtime.
She tried corn on the cob for the first time. Just reached into my
plate grabbed it and stuck it in her mouth. I had Dad drop us back at the hotel
and he returned to Auntie Greta/Uncle Farouk.
Got Samara to bed and caught up on-mails etc. and then went to sleep myself.
Oct. 11
It was another rough night with Miss Samara. I don't know if it's because we are in a strange place but we finally woke up at 7:45ish, got
dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast. Came back up and had some
face time with Raju. Then we went for a walk to TJ Maxx (like Winners). Came back to hotel in time for Samara to have a nap.
When she woke up we got ready and headed to a really nice restaurant for the Anniversary Lunch. The waitress really loved Samara.
After our meal, we got some really nice family pictures with the water as a backdrop. We then headed back to the hotel changed and went back to Auntie Greta. Dad brought Samara and
I back early so I was able to get her down at a reasonable time.
Oct. 12
It was another rough sleeping night. We got up again for the day around 7:45ish and as per usual back downstairs for breakfast. Afterwards we came back up as I had an interview to do for the article that was in the paper about Samara and then we Face Timed with Raju
We went for another walk today to Ross (like Winners too). I bought 3 dresses and Nike pants. Samara
took a nap while I did all my shopping. Back at the hotel we decided to go to the pool. Samara was good in the water and then when we got out Mom noticed I had another friend. I got a crab on my back. Back in the room we took a long afternoon nap. Woke up
and back to Auntie Greta for curry night! It was delicious!
Oct. 13
Another restless night. I really hope her sleep gets better when we get home.
Today was a big shopping day. We went to Sawgrass Mills Mall. It was about an hour away.
Managed to buy a lot of
stuff for Samara including her birthday gift. I didn't really find things to be too much cheaper though except at JC Penny and Target.
It was a long
day. Samara didn't get afternoon nap and not much of a morning one
either. It has been a good week but looking forward to getting back home with a
routine.
Packed and ready for bed as we return home in the morning.
October 14
Time to go home. Got up around 7:30. Finished packing and got ready. We had some Face time
with Raju, breakfast, and then headed to Auntie Greta/Uncle Farouk to say Goodbye.
Returned car and then checked in. The only way we could get 3 seats
together was the last row but that was ok.
We got to
Detroit and had another layover so had Wendy's for lunch. We boarded a little late and the flight was delayed due to overbooking and having to balance
their lists.
We finally got back to Toronto then needed to take
shuttle for car. Got home by 9:30 and Samara super tired. Funny that a
short direct flight of 3 hours with a stop made the traveling time 13
hours....sigh!! Good trip but good to be home.
See pics at:
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=637a8e8f2410f676&sid=2AaMXLdy1ctXPA
No comments:
Post a Comment